Saturday, January 3, 2015

Many Thanks

"Throughout our lives, we must deal with change. Some changes are welcome; some are not. There are changes in our lives which are sudden, such as the unexpected passing of a loved one, an unforeseen illness, the loss of a possession we treasure. But most of the changes take place subtly and slowly.

Day by day, minute by minute, second by second we went from where we were to where we are now. The lives of all of us, of course, go through similar alterations and changes. The difference between the changes in my life and the changes in yours is only in the details. Time never stands still; it must steadily march on, and with the marching come the changes.

This is our one and only chance at mortal life—here and now. The longer we live, the greater is our realization that it is brief. Opportunities come, and then they are gone. I believe that among the greatest lessons we are to learn in this short sojourn upon the earth are lessons that help us distinguish between what is important and what is not. I plead with you not to let those most important things pass you by as you plan for that illusive and nonexistent future when you will have time to do all that you want to do. Instead, find joy in the journey—now."--Thomas S. Monson.
Thanks for letting me call. I am not homesick and i could have been fine if i didnt get the chance to call this time. But i was happy we did talk. I have only been out one and a half months and i will soon be done with my training in six more weeks. I am so glad that you are doing good. I promise you that Heavenly Father is with you all. As i work hard i am always thinking about how you have helped me get to this point. I can do things that if i didnt have you guys teaching me, i wouldn't be able to do. I am grateful for my family and for all the support that i have.
This week we are focusing on these people. Esther, Mommy Adjua, Mommy Comfort, Francis, Samuel, Jacobs family, and Benedicta. They all need to come to church and keep their commitments. None of the people we are working with showed up at church yesterday. I am praying that they'll keep commitments and read what we give them. They seem to believe what we teach but they just won't do anything we ask them to do.
Tell all the family thanks for the cards and letters they sent. I really enjoyed them.
Be good this week and remember that i see the same moon and stars as you guys do. Except the mooon is oppisite over here.
Love, 
Elder Cameron Green

No comments:

Post a Comment