Monday, February 16, 2015

Busy Times

Hey family. This week was a pretty cool week. We had lots of stuff that went on this week. I had to take the lead in all planning and teaching and everything this week. I thought it would be rough but it actually wasn't bad at all. We had the best numbers than we had all month. I Will find out if i get transferred on saturday or not. I do know that i will get a new companion because thats just how it works in this mission.
Tuesday we taught a 24 year old named millicent. She is a recent convert and lately she has been letting out major gas during the lessons. Its pretty funny haha. But she is doing well and we have been reading the book of mormon with her. We are now on chapter five of first nephi.
I have been jump roping for 20 mins every morning and i haven't been able to walk correctly for the past week because of that. I just don't want banku gut. (Its like a beer belly)  

So we committed this guy named Asante to be baptized in one month. It was the first time we met him too. The spirit is so strong and i know he has a desire to change his life. We also received a member referral and her name is Evelyn. she is 18 and very sweet and smart. We had great lessons with her and taught her three times last week. She came to church and will be working towards baptism for march 8th. We also extended to another girl named Esther. She accepted but we still have to work on getting her to church. Very sweet people and the spirit is so strong with all of them.
I found me a new washing lady. (the old one moved :()  But now my clothes will actually get clean and my knuckles wont get ruined anymore. Ghana lost the final match of the Africa Cup against Ivory Coast. I was hoping they would win so i could buy a jersey with five stars on it instead of four.
I have started the war chapters in alma. Ive never read the BOM all the way through before (on my own). I never thought of how much it can affect my life. I will hopefully finish soon so i can read it again haha.
Samuel yaboah got baptized last sunday. He was so happy that day and it was an amazing experience. My companion baptized him thankfully. I definitely would not be able to do it because he is a big man. He will be solid in the church and do many great things.
it took us about 2 months to get less active names from the branch. But we finally got three! Something cool about that is a couple days before, we contacted this man who is older and we thought he was going to be a normal investigator because our first meeting we had with him seemed like he knew nothing about the church. But then we found out he's on the list! so we saw him again and he told us he used to be in the church. He loves the church but he was kinda forced to leave because of him and his wife divorcing. But he wants to come back and we are going to work with him.
Mom i wish you were in my branch here. The family history consultant is kind of less active so its hard to get recent converts to have a temple experience. You'd help out so much.
Mom i hope that you know that i pray about you and your work every day and night. (I actually fasted for you last week about that...) I know that if you read Alma chapter something verse something, you will be comforted. Sorry i forgot which one it was. I'll send it to you next time.
So i only have time to send one email at the moment. I'm not in kwabeng. Kwabeng has no power at the moment. So hopefully i'll find time soon.
I love you all and i'll talk to you later. Just be happy and trust in The Lord. He will deliver us out of our afflictions. Thats what i have to remember every second while living in Ghana! LOl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment