Thursday, May 26, 2016

May 16 2016: One Year Mark (six months late)

I woke up one morning and got a bunch of calls from the people in my MTC wishing me happy 18 months. But they forgot I actually only turned 1 year hahaha. So now the countdown finally begins. Its gonna be a great year and Im so happy I have one more year instead of only six more months left!

I hope everyone had a chill week like me. So to start off I just want to let everyone know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ will reach every soul that is here in Mamponse. If you dont want to hear this very special message that I bear witness of, I would suggest that you leave Ghana. because eventually its going to come to your ear if you stay here! I have gained a personal testimony that I need to start to talk with everyone. Everyone that calls me "Obroni", everyone that is in the house of my investigators or members, everyone who looks at me. This Gospel is for everyone. One day, a family stopped me and my companion and asked us if we only preach to the rich. We sat down with them and explained to them that their Heavenly father loves them so much and blessed be the poor. No matter what situation we are in or how we are, This gospel can bless you. 

We are teaching this girl who does not speak any english. She has a sister that translates during the lessons for us. We asked her why she decided to start coming to the church. Her response was that she came to receive forgiveness of her sins. I dont know about you guys, but thats why i go to church too. The church is for the sinners. As we come with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, we can partake of the sacrament. This is a huge blessing for us to be able to remember our Savior and to renew those special covenants we have made at baptism as well as any other covenant we have made with God in our lives. 

We are starting to see the goodness and blessings of working with members. On sunday we had four of the YSAs come proselyting with us right after church for the whole day. Three of them were all RMs and the other one teaches with us every day so they all know what they are doing. As we were out, we saw some less actives and other members houses. We sat down with them and had a small lesson at each place. I was shocked because most of the houses we visited, i pass right by every single day and I had no idea a member stayed there. Now we have a lot more people to serve and work with. We also took the members to our investigators. We let the YSA lead each lesson and they definitely rocked it and helped our investigators a ton. We were also able to get a few referrals because they are starting to trust me and Elder Nilsson more. Hopefully we will do well with the trust and responsibility the ward is giving us at this time. 

This week I have been studying our purpose in this life. 

 24 And we see that death comes upon mankind, yea, the death which has been spoken of by Amulek, which is the temporal death; nevertheless there was a space granted unto man in which he might repent; therefore this life became a probationary state; a time to prepare to meet God; a time to prepare for that endless state which has been spoken of by us, which is after the resurrection of the dead.

We know that we have a place prepared for us after this life. So we need to prepare because we will be meeting God. That brings me to another sctipture and it teaches us how we can prepare. Revelation 3:21. Just follow Jesus Christ and overcome the sins and temptations. And 1 corinthians 10:13 tells us that there is nothing too hard for us to overcome. So for me, I want to sit next to Heavenly father and Jesus Christ on their thrones. thats a pretty great promise to us if we are faithful. 

I love you all and have a great week!ju

No comments:

Post a Comment