Monday, August 8, 2016

8 August 2016

Hiiiiiii

I be a very busy missionary now! Lots of far places to ride the bike, many people to see, tons of distractions, limited energy. 

This week was another exciting week for me and Elder Babira. We had tons planned for this week. But unfortunately we werent able to accomplish everything because of what happened on wednesday. Our land lord decided to do lots of work inside our house on wednesday. We tried to fight back with him and insisted that we couldnt have them work today but he won. We couldnt proselyte the whole day because the workers were inside the house working the whole day. So i just studied and slept and called investigators and cleaned. 

Thursday the mission sent some workers to fix the toilet. The plumber was sooo late getting to our house. So half the day on thursday was wasted inside the house. 

Despite all the setbacks, we were able to have some success. We had a great lesson with a lady and her son named Dora and Juju. They came to church for the second week in a row and they came like 30 mins early! Most of my investigators arrive at church 40 mins late. So its a good sign. 

I went on splits with Theophilus all day on saturday. It was a lot of fun. I really enjoy being with him. Hes always willing to proselyte whenever we need help. 

Peter is doing well. Its just hard to visit him as often as we need to with his work schedule. 

The new area is pretty cool. Theres some cool people we just need to extend a ton of baptism dates. By the end of this week we should have at least 15 people with a baptism date. 

The other day I read a conference talk "\which way do you face"

Trying to please others before pleasing God is inverting the first and second great commandments (see Matthew 22:37–39).

  • First, Mormon: “Behold, I speak with boldness, having authority fromGod; and I fear not what man can do; for perfect love casteth out all fear” (Moroni 8:16; emphasis added).
  • Nephi: “Wherefore, the things which are pleasing unto the world I do not write, but the things which are pleasing unto God and unto thoe who are not of the world” (1 Nephi 6:5).
  • Captain Moroni: “Behold, I am Moroni, your chief captain. I seek not for power, but to pull it down. I seek not for honor of the world, but fr the glory of my God, and the freedom and welfare of my country” (Alma 60:36).

No comments:

Post a Comment